Real estate is a new business out there today. Time for new goals. If you’re new, with lead generation you will learn how to prospect for clients.
There Are 13 Ways To Strike The Gold With Lead Generation
1. Target half a dozen neighborhoods and knock on doors to meet people in the “do not call” world. Have something of value to offer residents-a competitive market analysis of their home, recent stats on turnover of homes-and ask if you can contact them periodically with such info. They’ll become part of your sphere of influence. This is what we call “Farming”. You can do a postcard marketing program or a newsletter for lead generation. Your title rep can give you an excel spreadsheet with names and address or it can be in a word format as well.
2. Send them an item of value and a “nice to meet you” card after talking to prospective buyers who want to find homes. You build loyalty when you offer something for nothing. Even if they don’t buy right away, they’ll come back to you when they’re ready. Send them an “E Thank You” if you only got their email.
3. Make a Brochure. In the real estate section of your local newspaper insert your personal brochure. You’ll be able to reach your target audience without spending a fortune on mailing for only a few cents per insert. You can target select ZIP codes or neighborhoods with larger circulation papers.
4. Engage Title/Escrow. Get affiliated businesses to prospect for you. For example, by phone or e-mail in-house title real estate firm could thank customers for their business and also ask them if they know anyone who could use your company’s brokerage services. Call your Title/Escrow rep, you want to prospect for marketing leads let them know, do lead generation and find home buyers and home sellers and see what they can do for you.
5. Gather real estate market report. After you create a personalized market reports to send to prospects, repackage local economic data, such as appreciation rates and job growth-available from your MLS and local government-into accessible charts, graphs, and tables. Presto-you’re a market expert. You can, mail it, hand it out or put it on your website!
6. Get warm and fuzzy. To create approachable images consider using family photos in your marketing materials.
7. Add to your Website a Quick Response Buttons. Add one thing to your Web site right now-a button that says, “I want to buy/sell now.” Set it up so visitors can click the button and input information about them, sent as a message to your cell phone or digital device. This is great for lead generation.
8. Give away local info already created. Send them free brochures produced by your city or chamber of commerce when prospects inquire about your area. Attach stickers you’ve had made that say “Compliments of your name, company name, contact information,” and mail them with a personalized letter.
9. Do open houses. Depending on your area, to meet lots of new buyers and sometimes sellers you can get really creative with your open houses, too. I have a section on open houses as well.
10. Get a website and market it! These days for lead generation all agents need a website. There are many to choose from, you MUST market it to the internet if you want to generate leads online whatever and whoever you choose to use. If you do not, your website will never be seen by new prospects that are looking to find a real estate consultant, searching for free MLS, homes for sale or needing assistance from YOU. You’ll need to hire an SEO Specialist (search engine optimization) to work on keyword and keyword phrases, keep up relevant content on the site, etc. Google the web for all of your options….there are hundreds, from custom sites to templates and everything in-between. Costs are from almost free to thousands of dollars. So beware and due your due diligence before buying, you don’t need to spend a lot.
11. Another way for great lead generation is Create Walking Billboards. Give out t-shirts that have your company’s logo on the front and your contact information on the back. Those who work outside in the public eye are the most effective people to target for my giveaway such as Gas station attendants, ice-cream stand workers, landscapers, and others who do outdoor work are the best. You can also give t-shirts to all of those nice people who allow you to place your “directional” signs on their front lawn; not only may they let you use their lawn for your sign, but they get a free shirt… and you get more free advertising!
12. Lock in New Alliances – In an arrangement with a local locksmith, on every key he makes, you can ask them to put your promotional key chains.
13. Use a buyer to prospect! If you have a buyer looking for a specific house and neighborhood, ask them to contact you if they are interested in possibly selling your house and hand write a letter to each owner of that neighborhood saying you have a buyer looking for a home in their neighborhood. You’d be surprised by the response! Give it a try right away and maybe you’ll get a home for your buyer or a new listing as well!