Zennya: The Digital Solution to Accessible COVID-19 Testing at Home and Office in the Philippines
Zennya is a digital health and wellness platform that delivers on-demand or scheduled clinical-grade healthcare and wellness services, including corporate health management. They make use of a mobile app booking system to provide users with easy access to their extensive list of digital health services from their own providers.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the company’s services were exclusive to personal healthcare and flu vaccinations. Recognizing demand, Zennya launched COVID-19 testing, screening, and contact tracing services to provide access to much-needed medical diagnosis to help prevent the spread of the virus.
The Rise of COVID-19 in the Philippines
As of September 30, the Philippines leads the highest number of COVID-19 cases in the ASEAN region, tallying around 324,000 COVID-19 cases. Government efforts and response teams have equipped themselves with the necessary tools and strategies to fight against the pandemic.
However, due to the rising number of positive COVID-19 cases, hospitals and testing centers have claimed that they can no longer accommodate the rising number of COVID-19 patients.
On July 14, the Department of Health (DOH) announced that Metro Manila hospitals have reached the “danger zone” in bed capacity, already occupying 70% of isolation and ward beds for COVID-19 patients. A shortage of doctors, nurses, and ambulance drivers also posed a threat in the collective response of both public and private hospitals towards the COVID-19 situation.
COVID-19 cases in the Philippines continue to rise, despite efforts from public and private sectors to contain the spread of the virus. With quarantine protocols and the constant fear of contracting the virus, visiting hospitals and testing centers to have access to COVID-19 testing and screening services is difficult and risky.
Zennya’s Healthcare and Wellness Services
Zennya offers a wide range of healthcare and wellness services. Among them are the following:
- Telemedicine (Virtual Doctor Consultations)
- Massage Therapy
- Home Lab Tests (with over 150 comprehensive tests available)
- Delivery of Prescriptions to Homes and office
- Flu Vaccinations
- COVID-19 Testing and Screening (for personal and corporate)
The complete list of services is available through their mobile application, where clients can simultaneously book multiple services. The delivery time usually takes 20-30 minutes but may adjust depending on the client’s location.
Zennya’s COVID-19 Testing and Screening Services
Zennya’s COVID-19 Testing and Screening services, also known as their Workplace Health and Safety services, are specifically targeted for companies that want to establish safety precautions and improve corporate health policies in their workplace and work-from-home employees against COVID-19.
Zennya monitors the current condition of employees by requiring them to undergo a series of steps that automatically records the information on their Digital Health Pass. The information recorded determines whether the employee is fit to work in the office or not.
The data from the Digital Health Pass is uploaded to the Workplace Health Command Center, which can be accessed by the employer to monitor the health status of their employees. In the command center, the employer can:
- Manage Entry Permissions
- Track Pending Quarantine Leaves
- E-Clear for Work via Telemedicine
Before undergoing the Workplace Health and Safety procedures, the employer must enroll their employees through the Workplace Safety application.
Zennya Workplace Health and Safety Procedures
There are two steps an employee must follow before coming to work:
- Fill out the online COVID-19 Health Checklist: Zennya requires employees to fill out a daily health checklist before coming to work. Zennya’s medical team regularly updates the checklist questions with the latest evidence regarding COVID-19.
- Present the employee QR code before entering the building premises: Lobby guards or designated personnel can scan the employee QR code to check if the employee is allowed to enter the building premises. Temperature scans performed before entry are digitally recorded and attached to the employee’s Digital Health Pass.
If an employee shows symptoms of COVID-19, the system will automatically track the number of days the employee needs to undergo for quarantine and block them from entering the building premises during such period. The restriction will only be lifted after the employee completes the quarantine requirements, or if a medical professional or office manager grants them access to the building under health safety protocols.
How to Register with Zennya
To register with Zennya and avail of their services, you can follow a few easy steps:
For regular patients and users:
- Download the Zennya app through Google Play or App Store
- Sign up by using your email or your Facebook account
- Fill out the necessary information in your Zennya Health profile
For businesses that want to avail Zennya Workplace Health and Safety:
- Visit Zennya’s official website
- Select the Corporate tab from the menu bar
- Fill out the information under the Contact Us section (located at the bottom of the page)
- Wait for Zennya to contact you and follow their instructions
Zennya is committed to customize their Workplace Safety app tools to cater to your business requirements. Information such as organization size will be asked so they can provide customized Workplace Safety tools.
Register with Zennya Health to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 at Home and in the Workplace
Zennya’s efforts to provide clinical-grade healthcare and wellness services through their digital platform is a step ahead for the Philippines’ medical industry to move into digitization and provide faster and more convenient transactions. And ultimately, ensure accessible and affordable healthcare to all Filipinos.